InFoods® is Revolutionary
Why is InFoods® revolutionary?
- InFoods® will enable Diagnostic Guided Therapy
- InFoods® is the world´s first test measuring food sensitivities based on solid scientific evidence.
- Patented Technology
- Double-blinded Randomized Clinical Trial with 180 patients, more will follow
- Aiming to be the first FDA-cleared test for food sensitivities in IBS Management
- InFoods® tests are optimized for each disease state.
- Only specific and selected foods are correlated to the disease.
- Selected cut-off is disease-specific.
What is InFoods®?
InFoods® is a simple blood test that detects IgG antibodies to foods - but with a completely new approach! Instead of testing for dozens or even hundreds of foods in one test, our tests have studied the IgG level to foods that are specific and highly correlated to a disease state.
About 80% of IBS patients say food exacerbates or triggers their symptoms but most of them cannot identify their offending foods.
InFoods® IBS is designed to identify patient-specific foods that when removed from the diet, may alleviate or improve an individual’s IBS symptoms. It simply answers the question what foods may actually cause the patient´s symptoms.
By comparing large numbers of healthy control subjects to people with a particular condition or disease, InFoods® tests can select with statistical confidence which foods should be in the test for that disease. So, the foods tested for one disease can be completely different than those for another. This is novel and no other food sensitivity test in the market is designed in this way!
In addition, the cut-off level of antibodies to each food to determine if someone is positive or negative is optimized for people with only one disease or condition.
By defining disease-specific cut-offs and disease-specific foods, the high false positivity rates seen with other tests will be limited. Therefore, the common argument that every person develops IgG antibodies to foods and consequently the measurement of those is useless, does not apply to our InFoods® tests.
Our patented approach will deliver high-confidence information to patients and physicians alike and will guide therapy. We have truly brought rigorous science and personalized medicine to food sensitivity testing.